And Justice For All – the final four words of the Pledge of Allegiance – embodies the powerful theme of TEDxPhiladelphia 2015.
The daylong multidisciplinary conference will bring together engaging speakers, performers, and participants to explore issues of access and equity, spark conversations that matter, and showcase great ideas for building more just cities.
The TEDxPhiladelphia 2015 speaker roster includes: Brigitte Daniel, Gregory Heller, Stacy Holland, Jesse Krimes, Marsha Levick, David Norse, Ronnie Polaneczky, Michelle Johnson, Yasmine Mustafa, Charles H. Ramsey, Jeffrey Rosen, Fabricio Rodriguez, Rosa Sheng, and Antonio (Tony) Valdés.
Speaker talk topics run the gamut, from exposing the threat of modern surveillance systems, to new ideas for community policing, social-impact real estate, advancements in the fight to protect the legal rights and interests of children at risk, and the accessibility and affordability of rehabilitation robots. Talk topics and full bios are available at TEDxPhiladelphia.org.
All ticket types include a full-day of talks and experiences, complimentary snacks, refreshments, lunch, and a post-event reception.
1. General admission tickets are $75.
2. TEDx SuperFan tickets are $100 and SOLD OUT. SuperFan ticket holders: Receive priority admission packets before the conference including your program, ticket, and badge; Preferred seating access at the theater 30 minutes before general admission opens; Your name listed in the print program book; and Support the TEDxPhiladelphia ticket scholarship program, offering free or reduced rate tickets to people who have an interest in joining the TEDx community but cannot afford the cost; $25 of the SuperFan ticket value is tax-deductible as a charitable contribution to the scholarship program.
3. 'Pay It Forward' tickets are $150 and SOLD OUT. 'Pay It Forward' tickets support the TEDxPhiladelphia ticket scholarship program and include (1) general admission ticket and cover the full cost of (1) scholarship recipient to attend the conference. $75 of the 'Pay It Forward' ticket value is tax-deductible as a charitable contribution to the scholarship program.
4. The application for Ticket Scholarships is available on the TEDxPhiladelphia website. Anyone can apply for a free or discounted ($30) ticket through May 3, 2015.
5. The I Love TEDxPhiladelphia contributor ticket package is $150 and includes (1) ticket. $75 of the ticket value is tax-deductible as a charitable contribution to TEDxPhiladelphia.
6. The Give the Gift of Ideas Worth Spreading contributor ticket package includes (2) tickets and is $500 – one for you and one for your guest! $350 of your ticket value is tax-deductible as a charitable contribution to TEDxPhiladelphia.
TEDxPhiladelphia is a volunteer-driven, not-for-profit initiative, licensed by TED and created in the spirit of the TED conference and its mission, “ideas worth spreading." TEDxPhiladelphia offers interactive, immersive experiences for all participants, from speakers to attendees. The 2015 conference is produced through CultureTrust Greater Philadelphia.